I recently posted the fall '08 trends for New York city which is probably applicable to New Yorkers alone. Buuuut...to the people outside NYC, Apparelnews posted a trend forecast for Fall 2008. These trends were determined in recent shows including the Project Global Trade Show, Action Sports Retailer Trade Expo and the MAGIC Marketplace.
You'll probably recognize some of the trends you'll see in this entry (if you read the NY fall trends entry) so don't worry or fuss about it okay? Lol. So yeah, here are the Fall 2008 trends - which all are wittingly named again!
1. Bomb Squad - jackets are in this season: motorcycle and bomber styles are hot!
2. '80s Edge - okay, so NY will see the '70s back in action while the rest of the world (?) will rock with the '80s.
3. Retro Future Denim - jeans are redesigned and brought back to life for fall - yep, high-waisted ones included.
4. Knits - yep, like in NY, knitted clothes are hot this coming fall.
5. High-Tech - futurism is rampant!
6. Tee Time - t-shirts are in this coming season with bold punk-rock designs.
7. Plaid, Plaid World - plaid still looks great, especially on coats!
8. Frock Talk - vintage-styled frocks will replace the baby doll looks during fall.
9. Rock Chic - relieve the rock era and bring out the rockstar in you...no matter what decade!
10. Uni-Sex - utilitarian-meets-boy-meets-girl fashion. 'Nuff said.
11. Eco-Logic - environment-friendly industrial fabric-made clothes rev up the runway...and soon, the streets!