Friday, December 28, 2007
Thursday, December 27, 2007
I used to think that Keira Knightley was pretty - back when she had more than skin and bones in her body. These days, she's super skinny, coupled with her recent choice of clothes, like that toga gown and such. To me, Keira's a woman trapped in a body of a young boy. But that's just me of course.
Some of the gowns that she donned when she was just starting her career were absolutely lovely though.
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Natalie Portman holds the title of Best Dressed Woman of 2007 which is why I saw it fit to feature her in this "issue" of Style. Here are some of her pictures in different clothes. Even if they're half-shots, you'll pretty much get the idea of how classy and sophisticated her tastes are.
...aaaaand we're back!
Style.com listed a bunch of products that will help you become more beautiful this coming 2008. Honestly, you can't be truly beautiful with clothes alone. You need to work on your skin and hair and such for that added "glow." So here are some of the beauty trends that you need to have - yep, practically a bunch of necessities - to bring out the best in you for 2008!
1. Complexion - these will help you have a more rejuvenated skin all over. Recommended products include Origins, Burt's Bees, Clinique and Priori.
2. Anti-aging - nobody wants to have all those wrinkles, right? Recommended products include SK-II Signs Transform Foundation, Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup, Elizabeth Arden Intervene Makeup and La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation.
3. Lips - new year, new shades. Better get rid of those old colors and kick-start 2008 with these new lipstick colors. Recommended products include Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Red, Therapy Systems Tinted Lip Balm, Chanel Cream Gloss Lumiere and MAC Slimshine.
4. Nails - your fingers need beauty too! You can't just ignore them, right? Recommended products include Barielle No Bite Pro Glow, OPI Nail Lacquer in Hollywood Blonde, Rescue Beauty Lounge in Dead Calm or Under the Stars and CND Super Shiney High-Gloss Top Coat.
5. Hair - make yourself look younger with perfectly-styled hair! Short hair is the new trend for 2008 so you better book your stylists before January 1, people! Recommended products include Carita Le Cheveu, John Barrett and Hot Tools Helix.
6. Hair Colors - so you already have short hair. Don't think that that's enough! You still need to jazz it up a bit with these trendy colors. Do remember that monochromatic is in this coming year. Recommended products include Charles Worthington, Ted Gibson and Clairol Shine Happy.
So those are some of the more essential beauty trends for 2008. If you need a total make over, click here.
Friday, December 21, 2007
Thursday, December 20, 2007
These are some of Roberto Cavalli Spring 2008 Ready-to-Wear accessories collection that includes both bags and shoes. I like his designs a lot, too bad they're pretty expensive.
I still don't get why some women love wearing corsets. For one thing, it looks really uncomfortable. Well sure, it shapes your body into that much-desired hourglass shape, but I read that it gives you a deformed bone structure. Also, I've seen documentaries on women who wear corsets and they claim that corsets help you lose weight by controlling your eating habits.
How does it make you go on a diet? By making you eat less.
Since corsets are meant to be put on tightly, it limits the expansion of the stomach - so it forces you to lessen your food intake. In my books, that isn't so good.
I never really knew that there were different kinds of corsets too. And that you can get them in different kinds of fabric.
So is anyone here a fan of corsets?
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
This are some of the clothes included in the Prada Spring/Summer 2008 Ready-to-Wear collection. What do you think about them? Personally, I don't really like the designs at all. They look pretty...dry.