Apparel News predicted (and wittingly named) the trends that will (or might) be prevailing this coming fall. The eleven different trends that you will get to know in just a short moment (after this introduction) were all seen during the different fashion shows that hit New York recently. They range from classic designs to chic and futuristic.
1. Star Trek - futurism invades fashion as superhero-inspired clothes take over the runway.
2. Fur - soft and in vogue, fur-lined clothes are in this fall...just make sure PETA doesn't catch you.
3. Knit Knack - classic takes on the runway knitted clothes make the new style.
4. Luxe Leather - throw away those bulky outerwear and make room for slick leather trenches, coats and the like.
5. Color Block - wanna know the new colors of fall? Forget the dark tones and switch to bright and colorful jewel tones.
6. Globe Trekker - welcome in different patterns from around the globe - modernized to add in that chic feel to it, of course.
7. High Shine - more futurism! Shiny clothes this fall will bring out that industrial feel to your wardrobe.
8. Uni-Form - unisex clothes make the new "preppy" look as it takes on a military touch to their designs.
9. Multi-Layered - architects will have a lovely time dressing up in these geometric architectural designs to these clothes.
10. '70s Chic - recycled fashion at its finest! Relive the rock era with bell bottoms, shirt-dresses and all those clothes that defined the '70s.
11. Surface Treatments - layered is a trend this coming fall as feathers, ombré treatments and other layerings cover and accentuate clothes.
There you have it ladies and gents! Well, New Yorkers primarily. Do you see yourself in one of these?